Do What You Like To Do. And Volunteer!
Need to find a great volunteer opportunity in your area? Don't know how you can use your skills or talents in a way that will help your community?
Take a look through this database for fun, helpful opportunities to make a difference in your community. The database is filled with teen-friendly ways to get involved.
While you're there don't forget to look for opportunities to get involved in local chapters of Teens, Crime, and the Community or Center for Youth as Resources.
Teens, Crime, and the Community Teens, Crime and the Community (TCC) is a national youth program that supports the concept of education and action to create safer, more caring communities for youth by youth. Although TCC is usually found in school programs, juvenile justice and community-based sites have used the program as well to improve their community and increase awareness of crime in youth.
The benefits of involving young people in crime prevention:
- Changes the negative image of teenagers held by many adults.
- Gives young people the chance to solve community problems and help with efforts to improve the community.
- Reduces crime among a highly victimized population.
- Helps build positive channels of communication between youth and the community institutions such as law enforcement, schools, government.
- And teaches young people skills they need to survive and succeed in the adult world.